Saturday, May 30, 2009

Wretched Heart

Oh wretched heart why do you ache
Were not your sorrows the tears to take?
Oh racking sob why shake my soul
Have not my pain paid this toll?
Oh tear filled eye why do you leak
I thought this story was no longer bleak
Oh wondering hope where have you gone
You’ve taken the music out of my song
Oh peace of God why elude me still
I have found myself losing will
Oh laughter why do you fade so fast
I thought these tears would not last
Oh broken spirit why fail me now
When under this load I find I bow
Oh arms of shelter where’s my embrace
Where are the hands to dry my face?
Oh words of comfort upon deaf ear
As I am crushed by what I fear

I feel that now I come near my end
I fear there’s nothing beyond this bend
But once again I lift my face to you
And cry for mercy to see me through
For I know you’re there if I only reach
Though I don’t understand the lesson you teach
Please Dear God mend my aching heart
Bring to whole what is now in part
And give strength, this new day to start.
Please give your peace to my tiered heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment