Monday, August 3, 2009

The Experiment

I have *gasped* turned off Facebook. I have deleted the bookmark, removed the short cut, and hidden the app. I have determined that for a month I will not check on Jericho (my virtual puppy) I will not stock random people whom I’m not even sure I’ve meet, I will not live in fear of seeing an update that will effect my emotionally, I will not check my Facebook 10 times a day to see if I got a new message.

I will, however, miss knowing what is going on in my friends’ lives. Perhaps I will actually have to email them or even scarier call them. Heaven forbid I use the countless stacks of stationary I have to actually write a real letter. Well actually with out Facebook to ask for their addresses how would I actually write them?!? Who has an actual address book with anything other than emails any more? Maybe it is time to get one.

I am most importantly going to be studying. But please don’t let that deter you from messaging me, emailing me, texting me, or even, yes writing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment