Monday, August 3, 2009

High maintenance, High yield

It took me a long time to be ok with the fact that I am high maintenance. Don’t get me wrong; as per most things in my life I don’t do it the usual way. I don’t require hours to get ready. I can go days with out a shower and as long as I got a bucket I’ve been known to go a month without running water. I love camping and hiking and it wasn’t until college that I learned to put on make up. Heck I still wonder if I am doing it right some times.

However, I need attention. Not the, hey every body look at me, attention. The, there is someone somewhere thinking about me, attention. I don’t need to be special to many but I do need to be special to a few. I need to be held and touched. Not constantly, but there is something to being able to curl up at the end of the hard day in the arms of someone who loves you.

I don’t need fancy meals or big bouquets of flowers. But I do need thought and energy put into something for it to be special. I do take time and energy to maintain. I will need words of encouragement when it feels like my life is tumbling around me and I will need hugs at the end of a long day.

In the end though I am also high yield. I am loyal to a fault and relatively quick to forgive. The support I’ll give through out the relationship will sustain most through the hardest times.

And the love? I will love in ways most people only imagine about and then take it to a level most will never obtain. I am not afraid to give all in order reach places unknown. I challenge people to look at their way of life and give them reason to grow and together we will grow and write a story that is incredible. For I, I am a Proverbs 31 woman and I will dress my family in scarlet!

No comments:

Post a Comment